Honeywell HHT-081 Tower Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter


Let me begin by saying that I purchased this air purifier for my mom who, (like myself) suffers from horrible allergies. Dust, moisture, etc - it virtually all sends her into a sneezing fit. Congestion, stuffy nose, and other annoyances frequent her days.

So anything to give some relief is a God-sent. However, I found myself extremely skeptical as to the actual effectiveness of these "air filtration devices". That is - until I spoke to my uncle who owns this same model. He said that it really helped to remove the dusty, musty smell from his living room.

This was a gift for her for Christmas 2008, but I had considered one of these last year.

I helped her set it up today, and here are the (admittedly) early findings.

Pros;
1) VERY easy to set up out of the box. Just take it out of the box, remove plastic bag from machine, and open the plastic bags containing the filter cartridges, and place them back into the machine. Then just plug it in and turn it on. It's really that simple.
2) 2) Price - If you have done your shopping/research on these machines, you know that you can pay hundreds, and even thousands for an air purifier. For what I paid on Amazon - I feel like I got a deal, plus free shipping.
3) Filters for this machine are REUSABLE. This means that the device SHOULD be less expensive to use over time.
4) Air flow - An air purifier is obviously a fan (or series of small fans) which pull air through a filtration system that removes smells, dust, and hopefully allergens as advertised. So it is obviously a plus for the device to circulate a large volume of the air in a given area. This one does move A LOT of air.
5) Relatively quiet when in use. (though a bit loud on High)
6) Size - Many of the medium-room air purifiers that I looked at had a large foot print. But this one does not take up a lot of floor space, (about a square foot).

Cons;
1) Slightly noisy (especially on high)
2) Cool air - As I stated earlier, this device obviously has a fan to move the air through the filters. The air that it blows back into the room feels quite a bit cooler than the room temperature. This is primarily a cool weather annoyance.

Overall - I would have to recommend this device quite highly based on early impressions. The price is good for the volume of air which it seems to move through the filters.

One note of caution before buying; If you want an air purifier for your bedroom - I would suggest that this unit may be a bit noisy unless you like ambient (fan type) noises while sleeping. I would suggest this model for living rooms, dining rooms, and other day-use areas.
Buy Honeywell HHT-081 Tower Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter!

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น