Shop For Honeywell RTH7600B / RTH7600D Touchscreen 7-Day Programmable Thermostat


Overall very nice, easy install, easy to read, nice backlight, looks nice, programming intuitive but a bit tedious.

I got this at my local HD last week. My system is a heat pump with gas furnace back-up. I had no actual problem with the install (see below for perceived problem), but my existing thermostat was relatively new and the terminals were labeled using the current standard. I suggest looking at the installation guide on Honeywell's site before buying and checking-out your existing wiring to make sure it make sense. Honeywell gives a sheet of stick-on letters to label your wires (nice touch). If you have a heat pump you have to know whether the control valve switches in heat mode or cooling mode ('O' wire is cooling mode switch and 'B' wire is heating mode switch). This thermostat gets programmed but my old one had a single terminal marked 'O/B'. After a little looking I found a jumper on the electronics board inside the existing thermostat so I could figure out which system I had. I have a Trane system and it was an 'O' for whatever that's worth. Tool note: you will need a very small (about 1/16" wide) flat blade screw driver for the terminals, but if you are contemplating a DIY thermostat change, you probably already have one.

The only install problem I had was that when I switched the heat pump back 'ON' at my breaker panel, I actually switched the dryer circuit 'OFF' (hey both switches were facing the same direction when I finished). After an hour of scratching my head and checking all the connections, my wife asked how come the dryer was dead; DO-AH!

Programming is my only small complaint and the reason for four stars instead of five. It is straight-forward but a little tedious. It comes with pre-programmed settings that actually are pretty good and you only have to make small changes, but there are a lot of items to scroll through (four separate times and temps for each day). Seems like there should be an option for grouping weekdays and/or weekends.

You can set it to switch automatically between heat and AC but I'm old-school and like that I can also set it so I have to make the switchover manually. Making temporary temperature setting changes is easy by just touching the up or down arrows and it will stay there until the next scheduled change. You can also lock it to stay there forever.Get more detail about Honeywell RTH7600B / RTH7600D Touchscreen 7-Day Programmable Thermostat.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น