Honeywell Permanent True HEPA Air Purifier - 50250


I will echo all of the positive reviews seen here and add some extra information.

Reading the various reviews, people may be worried if they are finding the right model in the stores, and if the model inside has the lifetime HEPA filter or not. The box may say permanent or it may say something else, with a sticker that says "permanent filter inside". This is all you need to know. I don't think it's even possible to find inventory that still contains the replaceable filter.

As a torture test, we put our unit in the kitchen when we roasted greasy chickens over the 2008 holidays. This usually stinks out our apartment for a week, and it still did. It was too much greasy smoke for the Honeywell. Worse yet, after moving the unit back to the office, there was a roast chicken scent for another 5 or 6 days. I was about to replace the one month-old carbon pre-filter, but then it finally wore off and now the unit seems as fresh as new.

But roast chickens aside, the difference in air quality in the office and bedroom (we move this unit around daily from home to office) is very impressive. Dust is down, chemical odors are gone, (I sell glue and solvents), and the computers are staying clean. (When we had an ionic breeze, the electronics would attract more dirt, and the air would be dusty, now the air is clean and so is the equipment).

I did so much research before buying this and I am very happy I chose this unit. I run it on low for about 16 hours a day, occasionally on high after making the bed in the morning, and only turn it off at night (for silence).

I'm considering getting a second one, but then its so easy to move...

___________
Update: March 11th 2009, used every day since December 11th (3 months) and still working perfectly and very effective, without any filter change or vacuuming. The only odd thing is that the filter indicator lights seem unchanged so maybe they don't work. I don't know, but I will try to wait another three months before changing the pre-filter and vacuuming the permanent HEPA filter.Buy Honeywell Permanent True HEPA Air Purifier - 50250!

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น